[Bf-committers] Interest in GSoC 2010 topics: 1. "Integrate PTex texture mapping library" 2. "Unit tests"

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Wed Mar 24 11:02:36 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
> Your proposal looks really promising,
> Though this isn't my area, I'd say ptex is more a rendering feature
> and wouldn't conflict with BMesh.

To clarify, I think PTex should not be only a rendering feature, it
should be used for multires sculpting and painting. Not necessarily
all as part of the summer of code project, but if it's only in the
rendering engine that is not so useful for users. There is some minor
overlap with BMesh but not more than the current multires, so I don't
expect that to be a problem.

Brecht.