[Bf-committers] Interest in GSoC 2010 topics: 1. "Integrate PTex texture mapping library" 2. "Unit tests"

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:38:59 CET 2010

Hi Konrad,
Your proposal looks really promising,
Though this isn't my area, I'd say ptex is more a rendering feature
and wouldn't conflict with BMesh.

@Mitchell,
I wasnt aware CMake files we're so bad and have been using them for months.
Better not encourage students on things like maintaining our build
systems, better they focus on fewer tasks and do them well.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Leif Andersen
<leif.a.andersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup, I also think cleaning up a bunch of the documentation is supposed to be
> part of the project as well.
>
> ~Leif Andersen
>
> ----------
> My first contribution to the blender community:
> http://leifandersen.net/2010/03/23/good-feeling-my-first-slightly-major-open-source-contribution/
>

> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 19:58, Mitchell Stokes <mogurijin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just to let you know, Blender's cmake files are in pretty bad shape. I
>> would love to see someone with experience in that department clean
>> them up. So, if you do tackle unit testing, maybe cleaning up the
>> CMakeList.txt files could also be part of the project?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mitchell Stokes (Moguri)

- Campbell