[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Fri Feb 12 11:07:32 CET 2010

On 02/11/2010 10:42 PM, Reuben Martin wrote:
> For Blender, I have the following set:
> WITH_BF_COLLADA = True
> BF_COLLADA = '#source/blender/collada'
> BF_COLLADA_INC = '${BF_COLLADA}'
> BF_COLLADA_LIB = 'bf_collada'
> BF_OPENCOLLADA = '/usr'
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIB = 'OpenCOLLADAStreamWriter OpenCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader OpenCOLLADAFramework OpenCOLLADABaseUtils GeneratedSaxParser UTF MathMLSolver pcre buffer ftoa'
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH = '${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/lib'
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC = '${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/include ${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/include/collada'
> BF_PCRE = ''
> BF_PCRE_LIB = 'pcre'
> BF_PCRE_LIBPATH = '/usr/lib'
> BF_EXPAT = '/usr'
> BF_EXPAT_LIB = 'expat'
> BF_EXPAT_LIBPATH = '/usr/lib'
>

> Be aware that I installed the openCollada library files into the system's /usr/lib (since I'm building everything using shared libs)
>
> I also created a /usr/include/collada directory where I dumped the file structure with nothing but the include files. So for instance if looking for the include files for the COLLADABaseUtils they would be found in /usr/include/collada/COLLADABaseUtils/include/
>
> -Reuben

Thanks for the info, I've got openCOLLADA to build shared libs and
libxml2 so far by adding " -I/usr/include/libxml2 -L/usr/lib64 -lpcre"
to SConstruct CPPFAGS. Note the name libxml2, I also had to add a 2 to
the libxml in "env['xmlParserConfName'] = 'libxml'". Also note
"-L/usr/lib64" which fixes the libpath on my x86_64 system, I'll have to
patch in a macro or something to build both i586 and x86_64 in the build
service. What I did with libxml should work with expat as well although
the expat packages are split in three with expat, libxpat1 and
expat-devel. I'm still working on the blender collada paths, I'll report
back when I get those right, ATM I'm still getting not found errors for
the collada libs.
Regards
Dave P