[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:42:21 CET 2010

Yo, back on Thursday 11 February 2010 Dave Plater was all like:
> The scripts/unixbuild.sh build works for me but I'm still getting
> missing include file problems, I've tried "lndir in the
> source/blender/collada directory to link all the collada includes from
> their directories in the openCOLLADA sources but before I went to sleep
> last night I was still getting errors, openCOLLADA takes a long time to
> build. In my spec file, I unpack collada in the root directory of the
> blender sources and change to the collada directory, which is named
> "openCOLLADA" in my case, and then build it. The directory which the
> static libs are placed in by the build is installed-opencollada/lib and
> the libs built are :-
> libCOLLADABaseUtils.a,  libCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader.a,
> libGeneratedSaxParser.a,  libpcre.a,  libxml2.la,   testdso.a,
> libCOLLADAFramework.a,  libConvertUTF.a, libMathMLSolver.a, libxml2.a
> and libxml2.lai
> Trial and error takes a long time, what should I specify for
> "BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=", "BF_OPENCOLLADA=" and the one I find the most
> difficult because the include files are scattered between different sub
> directories in the openCOLLADA root "BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=". I've
> currently specified :-
> BF_OPENCOLLADA=openCOLLADA
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH=openCOLLADA/installed-opencollada/lib and
> BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC=openCOLLADA/, openCOLLADA being the directory
> containing the collada sources unpacked in the blender source root. I
> will go through Sconstruct and compare it with yours.
> I've also found that the scons build of collada get's further with the
> latest version of scons, openSUSE is still on scons-1.2.0.d20090113, but
> will be on the latest when I submit the new build. The changelog of
> scons indicates that it had problems with different versions of python
> and I have both 2.6 and 3.1 on my system. Blender-2.50 is currently the
> only package that requires python3 in openSUSE.
> Thanks
> Dave P

For Blender, I have the following set:

WITH_BF_COLLADA = True
BF_COLLADA = '#source/blender/collada'
BF_COLLADA_INC = '${BF_COLLADA}'
BF_COLLADA_LIB = 'bf_collada'
BF_OPENCOLLADA = '/usr'
BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIB = 'OpenCOLLADAStreamWriter OpenCOLLADASaxFrameworkLoader OpenCOLLADAFramework OpenCOLLADABaseUtils GeneratedSaxParser UTF MathMLSolver pcre buffer ftoa'
BF_OPENCOLLADA_LIBPATH = '${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/lib'
BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC = '${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/include ${BF_OPENCOLLADA}/include/collada'
BF_PCRE = ''
BF_PCRE_LIB = 'pcre'
BF_PCRE_LIBPATH = '/usr/lib'
BF_EXPAT = '/usr'
BF_EXPAT_LIB = 'expat'
BF_EXPAT_LIBPATH = '/usr/lib'

Be aware that I installed the openCollada library files into the system's /usr/lib (since I'm building everything using shared libs)

I also created a /usr/include/collada directory where I dumped the file structure with nothing but the include files. So for instance if looking for the include files for the COLLADABaseUtils they would be found in /usr/include/collada/COLLADABaseUtils/include/

-Reuben