[Bf-committers] Stupid 2.5 todo's

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 17:17:33 CET 2009

Since it was mentioned I had a 2.5 todo list, here is a bunch of
todo's off hand..
I should start by saying we're really happy to have the help we're
getting by online devs so don't want to sound ungrateful :)
but there are areas that are not so much developed that still need work.

Note that while there are really obvious todo from the UI there are
also todo's for blenders internals that we really should resolve
before too long.

This is a mix of my own todos with things for durian being requested,
included mainly ones others might be interested in helping with.

While people like to code fun exciting stuff these issues are
important too and end up taking away from durian work so even if they
sound boaring, its definetly needed/appreciated.

----------------------------
- Bevel weights settable for meshes.

- Switch render jKey

- Gimbal defaults to local matrix on non eulers.

- Mesh editing rna shows the editmesh mode as a enum edge/vertex/face,
this is actually 3 flags since they can be mixed. see rna_scene.c,
mesh_select_mode_items

- We still need new/remove, link/unlink rna functions for
timeline/markers, curves, shapes, UV layers, possibly the sequencer.
(not operators, rna functions attached to the collection, see
rna_group.c for an example). This is very important for the python api
being useful in production.

- (py api) Mathutils (euler.c) support for rotation orders with the
new animation system.

- Smoothview runs always after the file selector open (I know its a
bug but should be fixed!), a string lookup on 970 items, ~20 times a
sec while blender is idle. Cmon! :)

- Setting sys.argv in python doesn't work at all with chars in the
path (see bpy_interface.c)
Python dev thread ML ref:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/dev/760072

- Console colors should be theme'able at some point

- If all else fails - BUGFIXES