[Bf-committers] Meeting summary

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:33:16 CET 2009

re: merging nurbs.
Its great to hear its ready to merge (or very close), last I looked
into the nurbs branch It was so hard to tell what was supposed to be
working.

Id recommend...
- getting all the old tools in 2.5 first, didn't think there was that
much left to do, (take a day or 2?),
- review the branch - I could review some areas I'm familiar with,
anyone else able to help with review?.
- merge when we can validate the branch works as well as trunk
- continue development in trunk (new features/tools etc).

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Emmanuel Stone
<emmanuel.stone at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3) other merges (BMesh, NURBS) need to be evaluated for feasibility yet
>
> The NURBS branch is stable and mature enough to offer a replacement
> for the existing NURBS tools. I'm not sure if it makes more sense to
> commit this first without adding much new functionality, or to wait
> until there are many new/improved tools. 2.5 is missing a lot of the
> old tools, so I'm planning to revisit a lot of those.
>
> I will have a significant chunk of time to work on this at the
> beginning of 2010. I'm happy to keep working on my branch, but if it's
> needed I'm happy to commit the 'NURBS engine' to trunk and work from
> that instead.
>
> -Emmanuel

- Campbell