[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: > /data/svn/bf-blender [24964] trunk/blender/source/blender/ > editors/object/object_transform.c: Rename 'Object Center' to > 'Centroid'.

Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com zanqdo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 17:23:33 CET 2009

"My problem with the word 'pivot' is that the objects origin may or
may not be the pivot point in a transformation, and so referring to
the object's (0,0,0) as the pivot point will often times be
incorrect."

If you transform and it doesn't move around the pivot its because you
*chose* to not transform around the pivot! I think you are over
thinking things here and trying to end up with easier terminology you
end up confusing it.

The pivot is exactly what the word means, it will always be the
transformation pivot in animation unless you choose to use another
pivot by parenting or so. I don't think there could be any clearer
word to describe what it does better. Also many other software
packages like maya, 3dsmax, inkscape, flash, after effects not
surprisingly use the term pivot.

Daniel Salazar
Cel: (506) 8366 8384
Offi: (506) 2219 0511