[Bf-committers] UI: Operator button shading

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:12:08 CET 2009

Hi,

I have to agree about this. A big -1 from me too.

- Personally, I really don't buy the notion of "gradients = distracting".
There were hardly any serious gradients there to begin with, let alone
enough gradients to cause strobing/distracting patterns in peripheral
vision. One of the main points of having gradients in the first place is
indicating that the thing is there to be clicked on (i.e. "Click Me! You
know you really want to"), that it performs some action.
- They look like a illegitimate child of the ugly "rounded" drawtype buttons
and Lightwave's buttons
- They also look very much like the old-style toggles, which are still used
in some places. Once again, I doubt that a slight colour difference is
enough of a distinction between the two.

Regards,
Joshua