[Bf-committers] Static linux version, drop?

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Tue May 26 20:09:46 CEST 2009

I messed around and built a .deb based on my Ubuntu 9.04 install.

http://www1.pacific.edu/~khughes/blender_2.49-1_i386.deb

Potential problems I still see with distributing an Ubuntu .deb:
* which release(s) do we pick?  The most recent, LTS, both?
* are OpenGL shared lib dependencies correct?  I use the nVidia
proprietary libs on my system, although due to a hardware bug I'm not
using the one provided by Ubuntu.  The shared dependencies show up as
"libgl1-mesa-glx | libgl1, libglu1-mesa | libglu1". I assume this means
it will allow multiple packages to satisfy this requirement?

Ken