[Bf-committers] Latest Carve update

Joseph Greenawalt jsgreenawalt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 02:36:01 CEST 2009

On 7/14/09, Tobias Sargeant <tobias.sargeant at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Joseph
>  Greenawalt<jsgreenawalt at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Ken,
>  >
>  > I've created a win32 build using your patch and msvc 2008 express (had
>  > a really hard time building csg-carve as static libs for win32 - had
>  > to create the project from scratch in the end).  It seems to work
>  > pretty well, but doesn't preserve/transfer UV coords as far as I can
>  > tell... is it supposed to?
>

> Carve can transfer (and interpolate) UV coordinates, but looking at Ken's
>  patch, that isn't implemented yet. I didn't see evidence that the original
>  CSG code transferred UVs. Either way, I'm happy to implement the
>  interpolation for the carve interface (I just need to understand how the
>  UV etc. info gets transferred from the blender data structures).

Ability to transfer/interpolate UV coords would be great and would
sure save me a lot of work (I'm trying to build "prefab" sewer pipe
pieces for export to ogre3d and really want to avoid having to texture
them all individually).

>  On the win32 building front, I must admit that I'm a bit of a neophyte. I'm
>  much more comfortable with xcode and autotools. If you were prepared
>  to help out with making it build more smoothly on windows, I'd be very
>  grateful. Even just tips, or a description of the problems you had would be
>  a big help.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Toby.

Sure thing, I'll go through the build process again from scratch
tomorrow with a fresh checkout and take notes this time ;-)  I'll also
see if I can get my current build uploaded to graphicall.org.