[Bf-committers] 2.5 UI font

Goat Man goatman.py at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 01:07:53 CET 2009

Is there some logical reason why all this time is being spent reinventing
the wheel making a GUI toolset when there are perfectly good libraries that
currently do the job, ie. PyGTK and PyQT? Having it all done in openGL is
nice for performance, portablity to mobile devices, transparent overlays - i
admit, but in the end is it really worth all that extra work?

I'm currently working with a small studio, and that as far as i know, we are
the only ones who are making an entire feature length film completly with
Blender249.  (don't ask me where we are or what the film is about i can not
disclose any of that).  Itsn't that the dream of the BF?  That somebody
would have the guts do an entire character animated film all with Blender.

What is fustrating me is the corrners we are having to cut in 249, nobody is
supporting it, and i'm having to hack into the C code to expose things that
were missing in the Python API.  We want to switch to 25 right now, but
things are moving too slowly on 25 for our schedule.

-brett