[Bf-committers] 2.5 UI font

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 19:16:27 CET 2009

--- On Wed, 12/9/09, Damir Prebeg <damir_prebeg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What amuses me is argumentation that horizontal layout is
> bad since we had to scroll because of high panels like
> Mirror Transp or Modifier stack. Yep, right. In current
> vertical layout we don't have to scroll at all.

What amuses me is that this isn't the argument at all.

Panels that extend vertically means you have to scroll in TWO directions with horizontal layouts whereas vertical layouts already stretch in that direction, ensuring that you always only need to scroll in one direction.

That means using the mousewheel to scroll is not enough for horizontal layouts because it only provides scrolling in one direction (sans modifiers).

That is, of course, not counting any layout engine that would wrap around columns of an horizontal layout (that's not going to code itself).

Martin