[Bf-committers] 2.46 compile issues.

Early Ehlinger early at respower.com
Thu May 29 23:39:45 CEST 2008

This isn't a big deal, although it did set me back a little bit trying to
figure out what I had done wrong in getting Blender to build from the 2.46
tarball.

In the 2.46 tarball, the MSVC project file for the "extern solution" doesn't
list anything other than "solid" and "verse" as dependencies.

As a result, I got this while building Blender, even after going through the
extern and intern builds:

------ Build started: Project: PHY_Bullet, Configuration: Blender Release
Win32 ------

Compiling...
CcdPhysicsEnvironment.cpp
p:\3rdparty\blender\2.46\blender-2.46\source\gameengine\Physics\Bullet\CcdPhysicsEnvironment.h(22)
: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'LinearMath/btVector3.h': No
such file or directory
CcdPhysicsController.cpp
p:\3rdparty\blender\2.46\blender-2.46\source\gameengine\Physics\Bullet\CcdPhysicsController.h(24)
: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'btBulletDynamicsCommon.h':
No such file or directory

Build log was saved at
"file://p:\3rdparty\blender\2.46\build\msvc_7\source\gameengine\physics\bullet\BuildLog.htm"
PHY_Bullet - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

As well as a few other similar errors.

As a workaround, I opened up the extern solution, added everything as a
dependency for build-install-all, and rebuilt it.

Also, GL\glext.h is apparently required, but my copy of MSVC doesn't come
with it.  I downloaded the version from
http://www.opengl.org/resources/faq/technical/extensions.htm and that seems
to have gotten things going.

-- Early