[Bf-committers] Volumetrics Update

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:31:21 CEST 2008

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu wrote:
> Hi all!
>

>    Since past friday I could not check even my mail, now I am online again!
>
>   I have some good news:
>   1- Could implement a normal gradient estimation with direct gradient
> (aproximation) computation, that will allow correct directional
> ligthning
>  2-Raytraced shadows work at 70%, it still have some issues with shadow
> colors
>   and some animation issues, raytraced shadows allow for example to follow
> the material IOR correctly
>
>   soon (not today) I will upload testing images about that

Awesome!
>   Question: DSM will render correct shadows for diferent IORs ?

No it won't.  It might be possible though, especially since (as I
understand it) your volumetrics stuff is ray-based.  I'll have to think
about it, though first I have to finish finals week (heh heh) then get
some basic gruntwork done to lay the groundworks for interfacing
volumetrics with DSM in general.

Joe