[Bf-committers] Summer of Code Idea -- Renderman Integration

Hannu Parviainen hannu at astro.helsinki.fi
Thu Mar 22 21:20:29 CET 2007

Choosing the mesh export method is not a problem, since it can be handled
using IDProperties.

Here's an example of the Renderman addition to the objec-panel. First
parameters general to the Renderman standard (should be supported by all
renderers) and the actual export, next a list of attributes set for the
object (these are automatically read from the idproperties->attribute
group), and a renderer specific panel (different for each Renderman
renderer) for features that are not in the standard. There's some
redundancy here, but for a reason. The idea is that the "Attributes"-panel
will allow the addition of unrestricted number of user-set parameters (for
advanced users), while renderer specific features are available directly.

http://www.astro.helsinki.fi/~hannu/renderman/RM_blender.png

and here is a snippet of code from the UI panel, for the subsurface
scattering refraction index:

float *sss_refrIndex;
.
.
.
sss_refrIndex = (float*) RM_GetAttributePointer(
	&ob->id,
	"subsurface",
	"refractionindex",
	IDP_FLOAT,