[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include blendef.h blender/source/blender/src editobject.c space.c

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 12:26:14 CET 2007

--- Campbell Barton <cbarton at metavr.com> wrote:

> This is different, BASE_SELECTABLE tests weather the
> base can be
> selected, TESTBASE returns true if the base is
> selected.

Yeah, I realized that after sending my email. :|

> We could make TESTBASE also look at the objects
> restrict options but
> that will effect a lot of stuff and were probably
> better off making sure
> the selection state is set properly,

That would be bad. Currently, when you set an object
unselectable, you can still select it in the outliner
and then do stuff with it in the 3D view. If TESTBASE
would test for selectability, the only way to act on
an unselectable object would be to make it selectable
again (and probably toggle it back unselectable
afterward).

Martin