[Bf-committers] Re: Google Summer of Code Idea

Michael Robinson fractalgfx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 23:48:57 CET 2007

> When we say frame server what we really mean, is an API that wraps all
> of this up into a set of "movie files", that can be accessed in a
> normal manner.

I think it would be ideal to have a single api that can transparently
operate on video files or image sequences.  I don't think it is very
practical or benefitial to have two IO systems.

Either way, I believe it is possible to implement offline editing
without any major changes to the IO system.

If offline editing would have enough community support and an
appropriate level of difficulty to make a good SOC proposal.

Thanks,

Mike