[Bf-committers] Blendergo - layers proposal

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sat Mar 3 10:09:25 CET 2007

Doug Ollivier kirjoitti:
> p.s. Toni. "then again this is not funboard, so please do not educate
> me about it here."  Usability I think is a little more important than
> given credit-for within blenders development process currently. I
> think usability contributions need to be given a status equal to code,
> i've seen to many great features let down by difficult usage. but then
> again that oppinion is perhaps my arrogance.

seems it was my turn to be misunderstood..

i think your prosal and the following discussion has been ok here,
although i guess funboard might still be more appropriate. the
separation is not about status / importance, but process: design
proposals and discussion on funboard, code proposals (patches) and
discussion here. design being more important, code something that has to
be done so that the design becomes real :) . i dont know how well that
separation works in practice though, as funboard is pretty passive and
this list flooded.

but what i meant with that remark was just that when i said 'i dont know
how obj. management is done in Maya' i was not inviting answers to help
me in my ignorance on this list, although i'd welcome them elsewhere. i
did not refer to your proposal with that remark, and again, i think it
was ok in place here (as it has solid ideas that could be implemented
pretty straightforwardly). sorry for confusion, i'll be more clear in
future.

> Doug Ollivier

~Toni