[Bf-committers] Unified dynamics baking

bjornmose bjornmose at gmx.net
Sun Jul 22 15:54:49 CEST 2007

I totally agree with the analysis so far.

One additional thing i have in mind would be  'bake to rest' which would
be quite useful for most systems.
That is: let the system settle to equilibrium on the first frame with
all object and armature IPOs on halt.

Another thing i would like to see.
Collect the dynamic variables of all systems and see if there was a way
to unify ( parts of ) the baked data.
My hope in doing so is:
a. Reducing the code needed to bake the individual system.
b. May be even have unified methods for editing.
c. In my eyes the editing function are more or less editing IPOs with
constraints.
Though i would like to see editing in 3D view the mayor task will we
implementing a sort or proportional editing for IPOs.
When you pull a baked vertex you would not want to spoil the smoothness
of the motion.
So this should go with a general IPO editor revision.

my 0.02 euro
BM