[Bf-committers] Unified dynamics baking

Janne Karhu jhkarh at utu.fi
Wed Jul 18 18:53:19 CEST 2007

Blender's dynamics (softbody,particles,cloth etc.) are all separate
systems and can only be baked in "solo mode". A unified baking system is
needed primarily to make proper baking possible for systems that interact
with eachother (speeds up workflow too), but editing of baked data is also
a very possible goal.

I've collected the main ideas (by me and Genscher) of a unified dynamics
baking system to a wiki page. I'd like to get some comments and ideas on
"what's still missing", "why do things that or this way" and everything
you can think of.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Unified_Dynamics_Baking