[Bf-committers] Peach feature wishlist - earn eternal fame, fortune, and of course movie credits :)

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Dec 15 18:04:36 CET 2007

Hi,

Great idea to try it out in the node editor! I'm not sure what the best location is. Doing it in the world settings as part of the render process has two advantages:

- It can work together correctly with reflections, ambient occlusion, .. and possibly other lighting and texturing features.
- It does not suffer from aliasing problems due to the z-buffer not being anti-aliased in the compositor (the colors in a pixel are a mix of colors at multiple depths).

I think of this as a lighting feature, and that feels like something that should be part of the renderer. Though if nodes offer more flexibility that could be interesting too, but what sort of flexibility are you thinking of?

Cheers,
Brecht.