[Bf-committers] Re: Bf-committers Digest, Vol 28, Issue 31

mindrones mindrones at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 15 12:48:22 CET 2006

Hi all

> Another thing that would be well worth considering is letting strips overlap
and doing automatic crossfading between them. But hey, this is not
bf-funboard, so I'll shut up ;)

I realize now there's a bf-funboard, so I'll shut up in a minute too :) but let me say
that in Final Cut when you drag a clip over the timeline it shows you in the viewer
(Blender's 'image preview') the result of the current edit you're passing over,
as it would be just moving in time on your edit.
If you have effects or fadings this is true depending on your machine, or if the timeline
has been rendered in that position.

I normally work quite zooming out, taking a clip somewhere,
dragging it over the other clips in the timeline, choosing
an APPROXIMATE position and releasing the LMB when it feels
quite ok (because I can SEE where I am).
Then and only then I zoom in and adjust things.

With the snap and much zoom out you 'get catched' by every
marker or clip limit in the timeline, with the snap and a zoom
that let you to see well clips (that is: far away from snaps 'fields')
you gently play with the edit watching the viewer, then release
the clip on a free track.

It's amazingly intuitive and it's easy because with the
snap you don't overlap other clips (I place them even seeing
the whole timeline (and that's usually a mess!), impossible to
do without a snap)
Hope it helps :)
Cheers, Luca

http://mail.yahoo.it