[Bf-committers] linux app icon proposal

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Fri Nov 3 15:33:51 CET 2006

On 03/11/2006, at 20:49 PM, Arne Schmitz wrote:

> So if a blender.desktop file is included
> and installed by the distribution and also an icon is put at the
> right place,
> everything should be fine.

I realise that, and the individual distros can figure that out for
themselves when they make their packages. What I was asking though is
if anyone had any ideas or advice on what to do about the other case,
the downloadable archive for Linux that we provide on blender.org. It
would be nice if there was some easy way to 'install' that too
(perhaps via shell script?), rather than having people copy over
icons themselves, but I don't know how feasible that is.

cheers

Matt

Matt Ebb . matt at mke3.net . http://mke3.net