[Bf-committers] linux app icon proposal

Arne Schmitz arne.schmitz at gmx.net
Fri Nov 3 15:55:04 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. November 2006 15:33 schrieb Matt Ebb:
> I realise that, and the individual distros can figure that out for
> themselves when they make their packages. What I was asking though is
> if anyone had any ideas or advice on what to do about the other case,
> the downloadable archive for Linux that we provide on blender.org. It
> would be nice if there was some easy way to 'install' that too
> (perhaps via shell script?), rather than having people copy over
> icons themselves, but I don't know how feasible that is.

Yes, of course. There could be an install.sh Script which should be run as
root and copies blender to /usr/local (or somewhere) and installs
the .desktop and the icon. Alternatively we could use the Loki-Installer,
which is used by many non-packaged software in Linux.

Arne

--
Dipl.-Inform. Arne Schmitz              Phone   +49 (0)241 80-21817
Computer Graphics Group                 Fax     +49 (0)241 80-22899