[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BIF_editmesh.h blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x meshPrimitive.c meshPrimitive.h Mesh.c blender/source/blender/src editmesh_add.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc MeshPrimitives.py

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu May 25 19:31:35 CEST 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Ken Hughes wrote:

>    me = Mesh.Primitives.UVsphere(10,20,3) # 10 segments, 20 rings, diameter 3
>    ob = Object.New('Mesh','mySphere')
>    ob.link(me)
>    sc = Scene.GetCurrent()
>    sc.link(ob)

Holy cow. Is it really necessary to code FIVE LINES in order to create an
object in python? I can understand why people complain about the API..

Why doesn't "Object.New" automatically link the object to the current scene,
and the data to itself, like the UI does?!

Something like

ob = Object.Add(Mesh.Primitives.UVsphere(10, 20, 3), 'mySphere')

(so: Object.Add(data, name))

should really be enough...