[Bf-committers] cineon/dxr support in Blender

Joe Eagar joeedh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 11:05:58 CET 2006

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Oh, that's cool! :)
>
> Afiak, Cineon is per-definition film-scanner format, and requires this
> logarithmic mapping to black and white, also allowing deeeep black and
> ultra white colors. Probably the cinepaint code has the formula for
> conversion from float (0-1) range to cineon range?
>
> DPX is a generic format, which can also write 16 bits/component. For
> dpx, linear mapped colors should be possible too.
Actually the exporter library took 16-bits-per-channel unsigned shorts
as input, so I had to do some conversion.  I took some test files into
cinepaint to make sure I did it right, and it works.

What worries me is whether or not the endian-switching code works; the
dpx/cineon import/export library I took from cinepaint's cineon/dpx
plugin uses tcp/ip endian switching functions, and I frankly have no
idea if the cinepaint developers have made sure it all works or not.

joeedh