[Bf-committers] cineon/dxr support in Blender

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Mar 2 10:32:52 CET 2006

Hi,

Oh, that's cool! :)

Afiak, Cineon is per-definition film-scanner format, and requires this
logarithmic mapping to black and white, also allowing deeeep black and
ultra white colors. Probably the cinepaint code has the formula for
conversion from float (0-1) range to cineon range?

DPX is a generic format, which can also write 16 bits/component. For
dpx, linear mapped colors should be possible too.

We're visiting a film facility in Amsterdam this afternoon with a
couple of cineon and dpx test files (converted with cinepaint), and
then can confirm whether that cineon range is hardcoded for their
software, or just an option.

I've got to write press release stuff now... will be in irc soon!

-Ton-