[Bf-committers] Materials preview panel

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 14 03:26:15 CEST 2006

Matt Ebb wrote:
>> 4) Why are the texture coordinates for the cube
>> preview rotated at a weird angle so that they are no
>> longer paralel with the axes? e.g.,
>>
>> http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/cube_preview_2.41.png
>>
>> vs.
>>
>> http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/cube_preview_cvs.png
>

> Looks fine here, as does the final render (which are one and the same
> now):
> http://mke3.net/blender/etc/matpreview_tiles.png  ( Orco/Cube )
>
> What mapping settings are you using?

I am using Glob/orco -- the old cube was oriented at a different
angle I guess so that must be what is causing the issue. I wonder
whether it might be prudent to rotate the cube in that preview
scene to an axis aligned state, and rotate the camera and the
background instead?

I guess if I had one more question about this, it would be:

5) why do the materials in my old blends that used to have a cube
for the preview now all default to the flat 2D preview? (And the
ones that used to have a marble for a preview now uses the cube.)
I'm guessing there's a +1 or -1 needed in there somewhere, if I
find a moment I'll take a peak and see if I can find it.

Regards,
Chris