[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

p.visser at illusoft.com p.visser at illusoft.com
Tue Jun 13 22:58:59 CEST 2006

> p.visser at illusoft.com wrote:
>> There are different files to keep everything clear, clean and separated,
>> so they will not be joined together in one file, because that makes
>> modifing the code much more complicated.
>
> Personal taste, but I tend to prefer fewer files and directories,
> and in particular sticking with the standards that the
> other import/export scripts follow.

Other import/export scripts are not the standard. This is why most of the
importers/exporters have the same code written twice (in both the importer
and exporter), so when Blender or the file format changes, the same code
have to be edited in both files. If you take a look at my project website
you'll see the difference. I'll stick to the current structure because it
worked out very well.

>> The logo will change over time and besides that, the logo enhances the
>> design and gives it a more professional touch. Updating the version
>> numbers (the Collada version) in the picture is very easy and won't
>> happen
>> much.
>
> I think the 'professional touch' would look unprofessional
> when placed among all the other scripts that don't have logos
> (sometimes just being consistent can look professional).
> This is just another script in a larger package, not a product
> in itself. Although it is hardly my decision, I would recommend
> removing it.
Thanks for your opinion, but the logo will not be removed. Also, the
script ís a product itself.

> I should also point out that I tried running these scripts,
> and the Collada 1.4 import and export failed due to no
> module named profile. I was able to run the other scripts,
> but at no point during their execution did I see a logo.
If you would like to give some valuable feedback, I invite you to use the
bugtracker at my project website, instead of this mailing list, so the
feedback is more structured. Thanks alot!