[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Tue Jun 13 22:45:16 CEST 2006

p.visser at illusoft.com wrote:
> There are different files to keep everything clear, clean and separated,
> so they will not be joined together in one file, because that makes
> modifing the code much more complicated.

Personal taste, but I tend to prefer fewer files and directories,
and in particular sticking with the standards that the
other import/export scripts follow.

> The logo will change over time and besides that, the logo enhances the
> design and gives it a more professional touch. Updating the version
> numbers (the Collada version) in the picture is very easy and won't happen
> much.

I think the 'professional touch' would look unprofessional
when placed among all the other scripts that don't have logos
(sometimes just being consistent can look professional).
This is just another script in a larger package, not a product
in itself. Although it is hardly my decision, I would recommend
removing it.

I should also point out that I tried running these scripts,
and the Collada 1.4 import and export failed due to no
module named profile. I was able to run the other scripts,
but at no point during their execution did I see a logo.

Chris