[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

p.visser at illusoft.com p.visser at illusoft.com
Tue Jun 13 22:03:59 CEST 2006

> pspcontest at erwincoumans.com wrote:
>> The Collada 1.4 python scripts use logo.png for a fancy import/export
>> screen.
>> See all the files here:
>> blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx\collada.py
>> blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx\collada.py\logo.png
>> I guess the release script only copies *.py to the .blender\scripts
>> folder?
>> Otherwise it's fine. As long as that logo.png gets copied as part of the
>> distribution.
>> Thanks,
>> Erwin
>> PS: Perhaps best if Pieter Visser can follow up on this issue?
>
> I would guess that the whole colladaImEx directory wouldn't
> get included as things are currently set up -- all of the other
> modules are in one file, why can't the collada module be one
> file too?

There are different files to keep everything clear, clean and separated,
so they will not be joined together in one file, because that makes
modifing the code much more complicated.

> That logo is just text that says "Collada 1.4.0 plugin
> for Blender" in a font that isn't particularly interesting
> -- why can't that just be written as text? (Would make
> updating the version number easier too.)
The logo will change over time and besides that, the logo enhances the
design and gives it a more professional touch. Updating the version
numbers (the Collada version) in the picture is very easy and won't happen
much.

Pieter