[Bf-committers] Re: Do release scripts automatically copy the logo.png from "blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx" ?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Tue Jun 13 21:24:13 CEST 2006

pspcontest at erwincoumans.com wrote:
> The Collada 1.4 python scripts use logo.png for a fancy import/export
> screen.
> See all the files here:
> blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx\collada.py
> blender\release\scripts\bpymodules\colladaImEx\collada.py\logo.png
> I guess the release script only copies *.py to the .blender\scripts folder?
> Otherwise it's fine. As long as that logo.png gets copied as part of the
> distribution.
> Thanks,
> Erwin
> PS: Perhaps best if Pieter Visser can follow up on this issue?

I would guess that the whole colladaImEx directory wouldn't
get included as things are currently set up -- all of the other
modules are in one file, why can't the collada module be one
file too?

That logo is just text that says "Collada 1.4.0 plugin
for Blender" in a font that isn't particularly interesting
-- why can't that just be written as text? (Would make
updating the version number easier too.)

Just my $0.02.

Chris