[Bf-committers] Increasing groupe name size

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jan 26 23:31:19 CET 2006

Hi,

Much more elegant is to include the property system here. That makes
adding custom settings to vertexgroups much more flexible.

What you use vertexgroups for is a bit outside of the specs for what
names were intended for though... 32 chars gives quite good names
already. :)
Nevertheless, the SDNA system can easily cope with the changes, just
build for your own need a version with a 256 string size or so. Such
files will be still compatible with old/new blenders, but of course the
names then might be truncated.

-Ton-