[Bf-committers] Web 3D plug-ing

Bart bart at neeneenee.de
Fri Jan 13 13:45:23 CET 2006

Hi Ton,

 > A product like this is an excellent opportunity for a third party to
 > pickup as a business.

i understand this but which business should it be?

Most companies on the web3d business living from selling authoring tools
(and then the player/plugin is free) or selling player/plugin and SDK
(basic creation tools are free addons and exporters like may
Bitmanagement does).

So think the problem is that there aren't a business when the plugin is
GPL and Blender itself too.

The only business could be in creation but this means fighting against
hundreds of others that uses the same technology. That is a to big
challenge for developing a web3d plugin.