[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/render/intern/source convertblender.c pipeline.c

Ben Batt benbatt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:33:50 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/8/06, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
>   - Autosmooth now calculates smoothing based on original object-space
>     vertex locations, not global coordinates. This ensures consistant
>     autosmoothing for each frame. Also fixes missing vectorblur for parts.
>
>     Nice task for a dev: put autosmooth code in end of modifier stack... then
>     it also shows in 3D window

I'm just about to start making an autosmooth modifier (suggested by
ideasman). This would do exactly what you have in mind (I think). Do
you think it would be better as a modifier, or kept as an option in
the object buttons and automatically applied at the end of the
modifier stack? I'm inclined to go with a modifier, personally.

Regards,
Ben Batt (artificer)