[Bf-committers] MEM_CacheLimiter breaks msvc6 compile unrepairable - *ping* Peter Schlaile

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 19:16:54 CET 2006

bjornmose at gmx.net wrote:

>  so i read this like: what ever i'll try to do, there is no way to
>  compile MEM_Allocator.h with msvc6. So, was it decided to drop msvc6
>  as a supported build system?
>
>  Ole

Hi,

Certainly not intentionally - I'd still like to see MSVC6 supported.

Regarding the STL errors, would STLport (www.stlport.org) help here? If
necessary, this could become an official requirement as it provides a
cross-platform STL implementation. Alternatively, (and perhaps
preferably) couldn't our classes be rewritten to remove these allocator
problems? Peter, any ideas?

Cheers,

Simon