[Bf-committers] Announcing new Scripting Guidelines

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at superig.com.br
Sat Aug 5 20:41:07 CEST 2006

Bart wrote:

> Great! But i'm missing GUI gidelines too, many scripts has an ugly
> interface. Some description about minimal and maximal size of a
> dialogue, basic sizes of objects, spaces between, standard colors etc.

Hi Bart,

UI is an important part of integrating scripts in Blender and that
includes the graphical interfaces, too, of course. We need some basic
guidelines like the ones you mention above and also to improve overall
resources, like access to panels, etc. The main thing is to follow the
Blender UI ideas.

As Campbell made clear, we will need help with that part: people
interested in GUI's and general usability willing to help define goals,
test scripts and comment about their interfaces. So feel free to come up
with ideas. Note, again, that we should follow what is (and will be)
done in Blender's UI itself.

--
Willian