[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Apr 19 11:30:46 CEST 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Matt Ebb wrote:

> * Edit mode/manipulators for Lamps and Cameras. Twiddling buttons in a panel
> totally sucks for things that could be done easily and interactively in 3D
> such as spotlight size, shadow buffer clipping, etc.

I had a much more general idea for this, which would work for *all* controls
in Blender without adding custom (and cluttery) manipulators for
everything:

Just make button values take effect immediately during sliding them - at
maximum possible refresh rate or, say, 5 times per second, whichever is
less.