[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Wed Apr 19 16:22:23 CEST 2006

On 19/04/2006, at 19:30 PM, Alexander Ewering wrote:

> I had a much more general idea for this, which would work for *all*
> controls
> in Blender without adding custom (and cluttery) manipulators for
> everything:
>
> Just make button values take effect immediately during sliding them
> - at
> maximum possible refresh rate or, say, 5 times per second,
> whichever is
> less.

This should be done already on its own merits - the fact that
Blender's controls don't update in real time is quite behind the
times. Event system? But in any case, that's not enough. Editing
things that occur in and are related to 3D space, like clipping
distances or spot angles should be *done* in 3D space.

Matt