[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Ben Stabler ben at half-dome.net
Tue Apr 18 17:10:59 CEST 2006

>> /me feels empty-headed.
>>
>> i guess i need some time to come up with something.
>
> Yeah, I'm short on ideas too. If you, or any of the other
> orangers, can think of something you really felt you
> needed during ED, let me know.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but from looking at the elysiun
/blenderartists forums what the users really want is more render
options- eg GI, SSS, and integration to other renderers (such as the
RenderMan variants) in the same way that Yafray is.

Would it be worth posting on blenderartists asking the users? I think
that the SOC project especially is a great time to get features added
that the users want, as it is a shorter term commitment whereas normally
the regular coders are forced to maintain the code instead of perhaps
writing all the new features that they might want to.

Just my 0.02 cents,
Ben