[Bf-committers] SOC Project Ideas?

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 18 17:21:28 CEST 2006

Ben Stabler wrote:
> I don't know if this has been discussed, but from looking at the elysiun
> /blenderartists forums what the users really want is more render
> options- eg GI, SSS, and integration to other renderers (such as the
> RenderMan variants) in the same way that Yafray is.
>
> Would it be worth posting on blenderartists asking the users? I think
> that the SOC project especially is a great time to get features added
> that the users want, as it is a shorter term commitment whereas normally
> the regular coders are forced to maintain the code instead of perhaps
> writing all the new features that they might want to.
>
> Just my 0.02 cents,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I tend to keep away from the forums, and I'm not registered
with blenderartists (unless my elysiun id is valid there too)
so I hadn't planned to post anything. One of the things
that I would imagine would happen is that we would get
about 30 pages of stuff that would be too advanced for a
student to do as a summer project.

Having said that, if you would like to post something there,
I'll take a look at the thread when I have free time.

Cheers,
Chris