[Bf-committers] IRC meeting minutes, sept 18th

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Sep 21 12:24:02 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Here's notes as provided by Tom M, completed with some of mine. :)

*** SoC merging projects
- FluidSim
JLuc Peuriere will commit fluid dynamics and check on docs for CMS.
- Pytexture
Chris W. is helping Timothy Wakeham to merge with latest CVS.

Other SOC projects are pending patches/proposals from author or mentor
still.

*** Current Work
- Particle Patch - Janne Karhu will submit a new patch containing
additional features for particle system.
- Texture preview (icons) patch - Ton reviewed patch, Andrea will
integrate suggestions and submit a new patch.

*** Python
- Stephen Swaney will finish checking TP_GetSet patches.
- Ton would like status update on Armature API - Ton can help if needed.
- Stephen Swaney will begin DAG for Python work.

*** Game Engine
- We still need a coder to update the game engine to use the new
armature code
- Jordi give a short summary of his Girona work (to be presented on
BlenderConf). It has a new editor for logic editing, but isn't fit to
replace the current engine for a long time.
- Future of current engine is still uncertain... addition of Bullet
physics was highly appreciated, but we need active maintenance by a
larger team.
- If there are coders out there who have patches for game engine please
submit them!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org