[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, sept 11 2005

Gabriel Beloin gbeloin at netrevolution.com
Mon Sep 12 04:22:34 CEST 2005

trip somewhere wrote:

>oooo very cool news to hear that openexr is coming together.
>
>Ton, what of the features project Orange wants ? Can you post some
>sort of list for everyone to read so it can maybe do a two fold,
>developers can assist and users can drool over what might come soon
>and or stop begging for or understand what is coming and what is not.
>I would like to in that effect see if there is a cleaner shader
>builder, but that is just a curious thought..

Go read The blog on http://orange.blender.org
 From the text:
In the meantime also experiments will be done with Blender itself.
Evaluating the tools/techniques we’re going to use, and pinning down
precisely what needs to be added to the software to make it all
possible. That’s the part I might get slightly nervous about, but
definitely the most interesting challenge! :) The past month’s
improvements on Armatures and Modifiers were very welcome and have
proven its use already. Now will have to finish work on Action & NLA,
then move to material layering and make sure get high definition color
support in Blender. The ultimate goal is to have our renderer recoded to
spit out “passes” (diffuse, specular, shadow, normals, AO, etc) and
allow built-in compositing for it (yes, a nodal editor peeks around the
corner). That’s targeted to be available in Blender (cvs) early november.