[Bf-committers] Freetype issues

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Feb 23 11:02:43 CET 2005

Hi,

> I don't have a prob with a newer version. Just trying to maintain a
> known compatible version with ftgl. My tests with 2.1.9 didn't go well
> initially because of the otlxxx dependencies in the newer version but I
> can see about doing this if it's o.k. I figured that this version is
> the
> smallest and was tested against the ftgl build we have.
>
> Freetype requires no patches, and I'm not really sure why it is added
>
> CVS.

Huh? According to the CVS log you added it? I think this isn't the
purpose of the extern/ directory. Especially not for sources being
maintained externally.

Aim should be to pin down for each platform the default version of
external libs to link with, and put that as an extra service compiled
in lib/

In my previous mail I didn't know yet freetype sources were added...
thought the huge commit was project files only.

-Ton-