[Bf-committers] Freetype issues

Rob Haarsma rob at captainvideo.nl
Tue Feb 22 11:40:02 CET 2005

Gilbert, Joseph wrote:

>I figured that this version is the
>smallest and was tested against the ftgl build we have.

Ok, size is a reasonable argument. However, in the more recent versions
of Freetype
a lot was done to support OSX fonts, and also the interpretation of
exotic characters
is improved since 2.0.5.

>The activeX controller requires builds of the freetype and solid libs
>that define symbols the same way MFC does. In their current .lib
>presence they do not.

ActiveX, eh ?
I had the silly idea that only linux would benefit from the Freetype
integration in CVS. ;-)

>Hopefully this is not too much of a
>disruption, as I did not mean it to be. :(

Not a problem. I clearly understand your arguments and I recall
Jesterking complaining
about these issues too. And to be honest, I love the Freetype library.

Thanks for your efforts,
Rob