[Bf-committers] Freetype issues

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 20:24:56 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm certainly not against upgrading freetype - although I'm of the
opinion that if something works well enough for our purposes then don't
mess with it! (aka. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!")

So generally speaking, I prefer to stick with a known (and stable)
version of a library, unless we have hit bugs in the version we use
currently or there are substantial improvements/features that can
benefit blender directly (ie. with minimal or no extra coding).

>> Freetype requires no patches, and I'm not really sure why it is added  to
>>
>> CVS.

I would imagine for some degree of version control (and no, that wasn't
a sarcastic CVS-related comment! ;). Keeping track of issues in these
libraries is much easier when we know the exact version used to compile
the official binaries.

-Simon