[Bf-committers] Freetype issues

Jean-Luc Peuriere jlp at nerim.net
Tue Feb 22 19:26:04 CET 2005

Le 22 févr. 05, à 11:15, Ton Roosendaal a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> It's firstly the 'platform maintainers' being responsible for
> committing libs to CVS. Meaning, for Windows that's Simon and for OSX
> Jean-Luc.
>
> Maybe they can give a quick reply?
>
> -Ton-
>
> On 21 Feb, 2005, at 23:01, Gilbert, Joseph wrote:
>
>> If it's no problem for you, i prefer to have the most recent version
>> of
>> the
>> Freetype Library in CVS.

The freetype source lib in CVS is *NOT* the one used for comitting the
libs for Os X.
the sources are not used on Os X builds.

the one used is 2.1.9. I had no problems with freetype, but FTGL needs
means it is
hard to compile it from source in blender.

bFTGL is compiled against the builded lib only. There is some manual
work involved
as the version of freetype-config available on Os X dont work, and FTGL
rely on it, so you
must trick it.

  So i have no problem to have the sources in CVS (both from freetype
and bftgl), but i
dont use (cant) them in a normal build, and use the pre-builded libs
provided in CVS.

This means that on Os X, you must not enable compiling from the sources.

tackling the issue  with freetype-config (which caused 2 months of
international build not working
just before 2.35 ) is on my toDo list, but i have no clue on how doing
it without manual work
(which i do when needed).

--
Jean-Luc