[Bf-committers] Re: Re: Blender and OpenMosix... does it have any sense ?

malefico andauer the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 8 20:42:14 CET 2005

Hi,

 --- GSR - FR <famrom at infernal-iceberg.com> escribió:
> If you render anims, you would get faster results
> with multiprocess,
> cos all CPUs can be busy and not waiting for some
> part that is single
> thread to finish, nor having to check for locking.
[...]
> and still be
> multiprocess, for example splitting the work (see my
> other mail).

Yes, thank you. My question was out of curiosity
mostly. After these replies, I tried DrQueue and it
seems to work pretty good actually. I think that will
be the chosen way in my case, it's pretty comfortable
and do not require too much hassle to set up. I also
tried instinctive blender, but had some rendering
issues (Alex, I posted them in blender.org if you're
interested).

Anyway, since Povray and Yafray currently support Open
Mosix, I thought it might be interesting for a future
work to explore the Mosix road for blender internal
too...

I don't know if there is any comparison among the
different types of renderfarm around to look at. Does
anyone know ?

Regards

malefico.