[Bf-committers] Re: Re: Blender and OpenMosix... does it have any sense ?

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Tue Feb 8 18:56:50 CET 2005

Hi,
the3d_hut at yahoo.com.ar (2005-02-08 at 0713.57 -0300):
> >From your answers, it seems clear that multithreading
> render in better than multiprocessing, right ? Or
> maybe you just meant "is what we got boy, don't
> bother"...

If you render anims, you would get faster results with multiprocess,
cos all CPUs can be busy and not waiting for some part that is single
thread to finish, nor having to check for locking. You will need more
memory of course, due (probably) launching process separately, instead
of forking after the big common data set has been created and then
copy-on-write. There are ways to reduce mem usage and still be
multiprocess, for example splitting the work (see my other mail).

GSR