[Bf-committers] solving the issues of switching to python 2.4 on Os X for next release

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Aug 24 12:06:20 CEST 2005

Hi,

Now I get confused & feel stupid!

First of all, if you upgrade a framework to a newer version, why would
you then need to recompile all applications that use it? That seems to
me conflicting with the whole concept of dynamic libraries...

Or simple said; if someone upgrades Python on their mac, why can't
Blender then use it? We link with Python, not with a specific
version... I hope. :)

-Ton-